Saturday, January 13, 2007

New Adam Lamberg Interview

While performing a typical blogsearch, I came across a new Adam Lamberg interview! It's quite an interesting and enjoyable find. The guy who held the interview is from Bishop, Texas and works for a radio station....so I'm still in the process of finding the audio version to it. But here is the text version!

-----------------------------------

Not too many people in our older crowd will know the name Adam Lamberg, but there are some who might remember it from their days in high school or even before that.

Adam is at the moment most well known for his role as co-star to Hilary Duff in the hit Disney show Lizzie McGuire. Playing the social misfit and all around "nice guy" by the name of David "Gordo" Gordon, it wasn't long until both Duff and Lamberg made their way to the big screen.

With the success of the Lizzie McGuire movie, Duff has as we all know made her way to the top as a teen queen, but what of her co-stars?

Being a fan of independent films I one day found a magazine listing all of the movies debuting for the next year. This was not odd to find being employed by a movie theatre, but that list contained movies I have never heard of.

One of these films was titled "When Do We Eat?" Sparking my interest, I started research on the film and found myself not only interested in the plot, but was left feeling that this movie would be worth looking into a bit further.

After finally getting a full cast list I happened to run across Adam's name and thought why not try for an interview.

After making contact with the film's producer Steven J. Wolfe I was granted the time to speak with Adam. Things went very well and I was surprised at how normal the conversation was. To be perfectly honest, it was like talking with a friend on campus.

I was first surprised to learn that Adam is now 21; many of us would not have guessed that he was actually two of three years older than his co-stars back on the set of Lizzie McGuire.

21 yrs. old. As we all know, that is a fun age. "Ya for the last six months it's been pretty fun. I'm more than sure many of us remember the fun we had at that age, but more than that we know that age can be a scary thing. I thought twenty was pretty scary, like not being able to call myself a teenager anymore, and feeling like an adult. That kind of made me nervous."

Oh how true that is when we start feeling old, already it is clear that being the same age as many of us Adam would relate to the things we deal with as young adults. Also, like many of us Adam is also a college student. At the moment, Adam is a student at Berkeley and is majoring in Geography.

One thing that we deal with as students is roommates. Born in New York, attending Berkeley meant moving to say the least for Adam. At the moment, he finds himself sharing a five bedroom house with friends both male and female. Having shared seven bedrooms with good friends, I can tell you there are always problems.

As the interview went on, we talked more about his current role in the film "When Do We Eat" which made its debut in Texas on April 21 in both Dallas and Houston. I for one made the four hour drive for what can only be described as a movie enjoyed from start to finish.

The film focuses on the Stuckman family at Passover dinner. Like most of our families, they have their differences and do get on each others' nerves. One thing however keeps them together. Lionel Stuckman is the autistic son of Ira Stuckman. Lionel, played by Lamberg dislikes family fights, so naturally as Lionel gets upset the family puts aside their differences.

As we know, there is only so much a person can take and by the end of the film, the Stuckman family comes very close to falling apart, and again are brought back together by Lionel.

The film also focuses around the fact that the head of the house, Ira Stuckman, is drugged by his stoner son Zeke Stuckman. This of course adds as great comic relief and leaves the audience with great one liners.

Lamberg himself is in fact of Jewish decent and when asked about his relation to the film was able to give us his take on the matter. "I consider myself more of a cultural Jew; I'm not religious in any way. The family in this film is really fake about the Judaism, they're not true Jews."

Adam himself seemed very down to earth and was a very entertaining interview. In its entirety both Adam and I can be heard laughing at one time or another. Like many of us Adam is very fond of music and has a somewhat eclectic taste for it. "I like anything good…..I'm really into Reggae." As a musician and fan of Reggae I pursued this a bit further and found that again we had similar interests. "I like Barrington Leavey, he's the best; and Toots and The Maytals, are also the best." And I have to agree Toots is amazing.

When asked about his current work Adam informed me that at that moment they were completing the filming for a new movie called "Beautiful Loser" in which he has the leading role of a person who has decided as a teenager to do nothing with his life. "It's a nice little slice of life film, some characters fall in love, some fall out of love, my character gets his heart broken, I guess I'm the beautiful loser."

This I found very interesting after watching "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" because that is how I looked at his portrayal of "Gordo." "I'd say that's a fair cop, I mean when I look at our kid Gordo but I guess that applies to a lot of people." One thing that made that show more enjoyable was the blooper reels in which I could have sworn I heard some profanity. "Oh I'm sure you did. I had to watch my mouth when I was working on that set."

So how did all of this come about and how did Adam get into the acting business? Well at the age of seven a cousin told his parents they should take him to an audition that was being held for a credit card commercial. "Through some fluke I got the part, and it was a five or six day shoot and I just had a lot of fun and it was a blast and after that I was hooked."

With all of this just sounding so great I couldn't help but ask; what would Adam do if he had to stop acting? "Oh that's a tough one man. I have always wanted to open up a brewery slash goat farm. Brew some beer, make some goat cheese, but that's kinda dreamy." That I have to admit would be a place to visit.

Well to sum things up, Adam is an interesting actor who delivers a great performance in "When Do We Eat." The film in itself was worth the wait as well as the drive to see it. I for one can't wait for the DVD release.

More details on the movie can be seen at its website www.whendoweeat.com.

Details on Beautiful Loser are scarce at the moment but the film itself is in post.

The complete interview with Adam can be heard on KTAI or 91.1 via the internet at www.tamuk.edu/KTAT after some slight editing. So for all you movie fans be on the lookout for these films.

-----------------------------------

Here's the link to the guy's blog. Guy's Blog

2 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats awemazing to know all of this!! thanks for the info! ive always wanted to know how he ended up!! & know i have to go see that movie!thanks again!

 
At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive always wondered what happened to him!! its cool to know he's so down to eath! im totally going to go see that movie now!! thanks for the info!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home